Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Complete and utter randomness

So my frog, Franklin Delano Roosevelt Lobos (Frankie for short), passed away last week. 8 days ago to be exact. He was a great frog and will be greatly missed. I have yet to flush or bury him. Yes, that means that for 8 days (going on 9 now) I have had a dead frog sitting in my room. I don't think he's started to smell yet. Still, it's slightly disturbing every time I pass by his bowl and see him lying there, belly up. Maybe I'll get around to giving him a proper burial service tomorrow.

I went country line dancing with my roommate last Wednesday. It was our attempt at being social. While I'm not usually the biggest fan of country dancing, I think that this time it was totally worth the $6 entry fee. I knew it was going to be a great night when the first guy to ask me to dance the "redneck waltz" (that's what he called it) was a lovely fellow wearing nothing but overalls. Yep, no shirt. Just overalls and a nice sweaty back.

Diego's Taco Shop is my new favorite restaurant. I've eaten there twice in less than a week. I may go back tomorrow. Thank you Diego for making such divinely cheap burritos. I love you.

3 comments:

Lee, Ashley, Makenzie said...

Ok about the frog, Rach, its time to give that frog a permanent home. I read that and was a little disturbed, especially by the belly up part. Also, loved the line dancing story. Ok here is my million dollar idea for you. Write a book. Remember every crazy dude who ever asked you out, did something totally weird, or was a total weirdo..... oh yeah the hundreds of them... write them all down in detail, who doesn't want to read that, and it will make a lot of people feel better about their dating lives. Then when it finally ends you will have found Mr. wonderful and you won't ever have to write in that book again.

B. Surfer said...

I'm with Smash - and i would definitely read it.

Bethany said...

So, I have a good idea. Next time you go to Diego's Taco Shop you should take me with you!! Oh, and if you need help organizing a proper funeral for Franklin, I'd be willing to help out. Having a real service of some kind may help you reach some kind of more permanent closure....