Going to the gym in Provo can, at times, be a little disheartening and bad on a fragile self esteem. I mean, anytime you are surrounded by tan, blond, beautiful 20-something year olds who are perfect and look like they belong in Sports Illustrated, you are bound to think a little less of yourself. Well, I discovered that going to the gym in St. George makes you feel even worse. You are still surrounded by tan, blond, beautiful, perfect people...the only difference is that at the gym in St. George those people are in their 60's! I went to a Power Pump class just before Christmas and was mortified that the 65 year old grandma next to me could not only lift more weight than I could but that she could do it without even breaking a sweat. Talk about embarrassing. I'll take the humiliation at the gym in Provo over the St. George shame any day - at least I just look like a wimp among my peers!
December–Day by Day
7 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment