Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday flop

We had big plans for Black Friday this year...I mean, we were pulling out all the stops and we were going to go all out. Turns out, we're not the hard core shoppers that we thought we were. Plan A was to head to the outlet malls in Vegas and shop our little hearts out. The outlets opened at midnight, so we planned on leaving St. George at 11pm (10pm Vegas time) to get there in time for the grand opening. In preparation for the shopping trip of a lifetime, we all headed to bed at 6:30pm on Thanksgiving day. Well...by the time all of us got up to get ready for the drive, we came to the consensus that St. George was just as cool as Vegas, right? (In case you were wondering...the answer is no. 150 outlet stores in just one outlet mall in Vegas versus 30 stores in St. George). Anyway, the outlets in St. George opened at 11pm, so we headed out.



We were excited, we were energized, and we were ready to shop till we dropped...until we saw this:


It was pure madness...there were people everywhere, people running, people squishing...and I loved it. There were a few in our little shopping group who weren't so keen on the craziness, so while they went home, my mom and I continued on. We spent as much time as we possibly could in the outlet mall (let's be honest, how much time can you spend in 30 obscure outlet stores??) and then we headed out, looking for more adventure. We decided to see how many crazy people were camped outside of Best Buy or WalMart. We weren't disappointed and found lots of professional line-waiters with their tents, BBQ's, TV's, etc. It was great. I tried to snap a picture, but I kept getting some really strange looks. Anyway, by 2AM, we had finally recovered from our turkey hangover and were STARVING, so we headed home. The plan was to just grab something to eat and head back out for more shopping (the rest of the stores opened around 4AM), however the minute I got some food in me and I sat down, I was exhausted. We decided a quick nap was in order, but it would just be a quick one and we'd head back out, energized and ready to go. Just between you and me, I don't think we woke up until after 9AM. Oh well...so we missed most of the great bargains and deals. So we missed the crazy people running from store to store. I guess we're just not the shoppers that we thought we were. No worries...we have 365 days to practice because I have a feeling that next year will be even better!

0 comments: