Monday, February 2, 2009

A few of my favorite things

Today as I searched desperately through my kitchen cupboards for something semi-edible for lunch, I started to think about my favorite foods and noticed a disturbing quality that they all shared. Let's see if you can figure it out too:

1. I absolutely LOVE Cream of Wheat cereal. In fact, growing up birthdays were so fun at my house because on your special day you got to decide what the family would eat for dinner. Steak, enchiladas, and chicken parmesan were all common requests. On my 16th birthday, I wanted to have Cream of Wheat for dinner. My family was not amused. I was in heaven.

2. I think Jell-0 is to die for. Blue jell-o to be exact. When I was in the MTC learning Spanish, I learned how to say jell-o in Spanish and then would pray at night that we'd have blue jell-o for lunch the next day.

3. Two words: ice cream. I can no longer buy ice cream at the grocery store because it is guaranteed that I will eat it all within 2 days. I have no self-control. On my mission, stopping into an ice cream store was not a daily occurrence - it was a several times a day occurrence.

Alright, did you figure it out? What do all of my favorite foods have in common? That's right - you don't need teeth to eat any of them! I guess the good news is that I will be able to enjoy all of my favorite foods even if all of my teeth fall out!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I think Scott is still a little disgruntled about the birthday dinner...

B. Surfer said...

hhahahah!! I totally guessed it! I was hoping the answer wasn't at the bottom, but it's nice to get that confirmation instantly. So are you thinking of pullin' your teeth early? I mean what's the point in keeping them if you already know you can eat your fav's without 'em? :-)