Sunday, May 3, 2009

Stranded

I should be in San Sebastian Spain, on the beach, eating some churros and chocolate right now. Instead I'm at the Holiday Inn Express in Dallas, Texas. They're pretty much the same, right? At least the Holiday Inn Express has a semi-amazing breakfast bar. The fake egg omelet was pretty tasty on my bagel.

So, yesterday was the longest day of my life. We kind of expected that...only, the long part was supposed to be the trans-continental flight to Madrid. Instead what we got was a cheap 5 cent tour of the state of Texas that lasted well into the night. We took off from Las Vegas yesterday at 11am. Life was good. We had our Cinnabon in hand and we were ready to go. Flight time to Dallas was supposed to be just over 2 hours, getting us there with a little time to stretch our legs before the looooong flight to Spain. Well, 2 hours turned into nearly 7 hours as we got diverted to Lubbock, then Abaline, and finally Dallas. Awesome. Oh, and don't worry. There's only one flight a day out of Dallas to Madrid, so we're here until 5:30 tonight...and they are holding our luggage hostage at the airport so we look and smell like homeless hooligans. Have I ever told you how much I love travelling?

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Rachel that is soo sad. That is my worst traveling nightmare. However, when you do finally get to Spain have some churros and chocolate for me! I'm jealous. BTW, you never told me why you are going to Spain..?

B and C said...

It was so fun to see you before you left. If you ever get there have a fun time. That sucks about the delay. Hope to hear a happy successful post soon. Oh, and thanks for taking that stuff to Oscar.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Texas ain't so bad...that is where we did grad school and LOVE--HOWEVER without luggage and supposing to be somewhere else...I would be frustrated!! GOOD LUCK and have 2x's THE FUN to make up for missed time!