1. My cell phone broke. Not just any cell phone. My super cool Blackberry that I bought off of Craigslist for an insanely low price. It's worked great for the last few months. A few days ago, out of the blue, the toggle ball started having issues. It could go left, right, and up but struggled going down. Turns out going down is kind of important. It wasn't such a big deal since I still have a super old cell phone laying around the house that still works pretty well. I was a little bummed about having to give up the Blackberry, but was ok with using my old phone until the punk kid at Radio Shack insulted it. I took it into the store so I could buy a new charger (I have no idea where the old one is since I haven't used that phone in about 2 years). When I handed him the phone so he could check what kind of charger I needed, he said, "Whoa! You're a little overdue for an upgrade, aren't you? This thing is like a dinosaur." Awesome. Thanks for making me feel fantastic about myself.
2. I am convinced that cars (well, actually just my car) are more trouble than they're worth. They are just big, giant money pits that suck us dry. Take today for example. Earlier this afternoon, I was out running some errands around town. I picked a friend up from the doctor's office, ran by a dentist's office to pick up some impressions for some crowns - you know, just random little errands. As we start to head back for my office, we noticed a funky smell beginning to fill the car. It smelled kind of like a dying fish or cat or something. I made a comment about it, rolled down my window, and we continued on our way. As we were sitting at a stoplight I realized that there was a thick, green vapor seeping out of the air vents. Well...it started off seeping but within a few seconds, it was BILLOWING out of the vents. That's right. Green vapor. Thick enough that it left a green film on the windshield. My friend and I started screaming, unbuckled our seat belts (making for a quick escape if it were necessary), and stuck our heads out of the windows. When the stoplight FINALLY turned green, we quickly found a place to pull over and jumped out of the car to avoid inhaling any more of the poisonous green gas. Turns out there was a hole in my heating block. It's only a $500 repair. No biggie, right? It's probably worth it, though, because I feel like such a goober riding my bike to work. In the winter. In my business clothes. Fantastic.
3. I'm not sure. But if the saying is true, trouble comes in threes. Something is bound to happen soon...
2. I am convinced that cars (well, actually just my car) are more trouble than they're worth. They are just big, giant money pits that suck us dry. Take today for example. Earlier this afternoon, I was out running some errands around town. I picked a friend up from the doctor's office, ran by a dentist's office to pick up some impressions for some crowns - you know, just random little errands. As we start to head back for my office, we noticed a funky smell beginning to fill the car. It smelled kind of like a dying fish or cat or something. I made a comment about it, rolled down my window, and we continued on our way. As we were sitting at a stoplight I realized that there was a thick, green vapor seeping out of the air vents. Well...it started off seeping but within a few seconds, it was BILLOWING out of the vents. That's right. Green vapor. Thick enough that it left a green film on the windshield. My friend and I started screaming, unbuckled our seat belts (making for a quick escape if it were necessary), and stuck our heads out of the windows. When the stoplight FINALLY turned green, we quickly found a place to pull over and jumped out of the car to avoid inhaling any more of the poisonous green gas. Turns out there was a hole in my heating block. It's only a $500 repair. No biggie, right? It's probably worth it, though, because I feel like such a goober riding my bike to work. In the winter. In my business clothes. Fantastic.
3. I'm not sure. But if the saying is true, trouble comes in threes. Something is bound to happen soon...


3 comments:
Oh Rach, I'm sorry! At least your fun, beautiful and funny?
Oh man, I feel your pain. We have run into some not so fun luck lately too. I hope for both our sakes that troubles does not in fact run in threes. I miss you!!
I love the guy at the cellphone store.. hahha. Did he really say that? Honestly, where's the customer service these days! He should have validated your frugality. hahhah
Post a Comment