Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Milk....blah!

I really, really don't like milk. Actually, I think it's safe to say that I kinda hate milk. The taste makes me shudder. I've tried skim, 1%, 2%, Wal-mart, BYU Creamery, and Smith's milk. All of it makes me want to dry heave. (side note: chocolate milk is a completely different story. I LOVE chocolate milk. Let's be honest. Anything with chocolate is divine) In fact, I dislike milk so much that when I eat cereal in the morning, I generally use just enough milk to wet the cereal. I could probably get away with pouring water over the cereal because in addition to using the minimal amount of milk, I also drain all the milk off my spoon before taking a bite of cereal. Slightly ridiculous, but I don't care. So this morning, I repeated my daily cereal ritual - this time using milk that was just a day or two old. You'd think that with all the issues I have with milk, I'd be pretty crazy about milk that was past the expiration date. I used to be. But then I realized that I was throwing away a bunch of milk that was still good just because it had passed the date stamped onto the carton. Anyway, so I pour some milk onto my cereal, drain the milk from my spoon, and take my first bite. There was something a little off about the taste, but seeing as milk isn't my favorite and I always think it has a strange taste, I didn't think anything of it. With each bite, I thought, "This tastes especially funky" but continued to eat my cereal (because I LOVE my Multigrain Cheerios and didn't want them to go to waste). It wasn't until I had finished my entire bowl of Cheerios that I realized that there, sitting in the bottom of my bowl, sat a few curdled pieces of very old milk. SICK!!!!!!!!! My milk had gone chunky and I ate it. Gag me!!! So, here I sit at work, just waiting for something horrible to happen. I'm not sure what it'll be...if I'll get really sick or what, but I feel like something bad has got to happen if you eat cereal with chunky milk on it.

And, although this has nothing to do with the above post, enjoy this video. My friend Susana from Spain is now a popular singer back there. Here she is singing with David de Maria.

2 comments:

Desert Bound Anesthesia said...

Finally, someone fully understands my feelings about the white, slightly viscous liquid that we drink from the animal, cow. Unfortunately, I have passed my prejudice to my little girl.

B. Surfer said...

i use to hate milk. By hate, i mean i refused to buy it, feed it to my kid, eat with cereal, etc. But then Trev made me try it again just this past year - this time he made me try whole milk (ugh). .. ready for this? It. was. DELICIOUS. weird. Soo moral of the story? Wait a few years and try again.