Thursday, April 22, 2010

Uh...was that supposed to be a compliment??

I work in a very run down, kinda ghetto building in "downtown" Provo. I have a hard time calling it downtown, because really Provo isn't big enough to have a downtown...or an uptown...or any other kind of "town". It's just a lovely little college town and it's great. Anyway, back to my ghetto building. So there's this old man named Dee who does all sorts of random stuff around the building. I think he was originally hired to be a janitor however I've noticed that he spends more time hanging out in our office than anything else. We are pretty cool, so I can understand why he wants to spend so much time with us. I used to think Dee and I were friends. When he comes into the office, he usually gravitates to my desk and sits down for a good half hour, telling me all sorts of random stories and mostly complains about the poor morals of "kids these days" and how I'll probably be paying $20 a gallon for gas when I'm his age. Our friendship, however, is currently on the rocks and it's all his fault. He came in yesterday, took one look at me and says, "You look frumpy today." I just kinda stared at him. I mean, who says that?!? Plus, I felt on that particular day that I looked quite nice. I was wearing a skirt and a nice shirt. I know when I look frumpy and I did NOT look frumpy that day. I had even showered and done my hair. Then he says, "You do know what frumpy means, don't you?" I nodded my head and he continued, obviously thinking I was confused as to the meaning of frumpy. "You know, dowdy. Like an old maid. You do want to get married don't you?" I just kind of laughed and made a joke trying to alleviate the awkwardness of the situation. Geez Dee...you sure do know how to make a girl feel great about herself.

In other news, I have 2 plants on my desk at work. Their names are Ruby and Carla. I kinda feel like an old woman naming my plants and all. Oh well.

4 comments:

Megan and Mike said...

hahahaha you should totally wear something slutty to work and tell him you got engaged... hahah your perfect dont change for an old man

Courtney said...

oh dee! I bet he doesn't look frumpy at all! I bet he is super cool! :)
You are NOT frumpy. I've seen our frumpy days, and those were about 5 years ago, not now!!!

Eat some Joe's for me. Craving it...seriously!

Unknown said...

Hmm, when I was 9 I used to make fun of the girls that I liked...

just sayin'...

Lee, Ashley, Makenzie said...

Did you tell him he smelled like B.O? Dude, you are not frumpy, I'll come kick his butt if you want.