Today has been a really great day. First of all, I had a meeting up in Salt Lake for work this morning. Usually I dread those monthly meetings but today I decided to make the most of my time up in Salt Lake by going to Tony Caputos afterwards.
If you haven't ever been to Tony Caputo's, you're seriously missing out. They have all sorts of delish imported goods from Spain, France, Italy, and Greece. Their selection of meats, cheeses, olive oils, and balsamic vinegars is seriously amazing. Today I must have stood at the sampling table for 10 minutes dipping bread into a variety of balsamic vinegars. My favorite? The honey balsamic vinegar. Doesn't that just sound mouthwatering? Anyway, I ended up walking away with 1/2 pound of this:

manchego cheese
My trip to Tony Caputo's alone would have made today close to perfect. But the day just got better when I received a call from the Utah State Department of Health on my way home from Salt Lake. Three months ago I applied to the state level Bridging the Gap Medical Interpretation Program. Getting into the program is pretty competitive as they only accept 20 applicants each application cycle...and guess what?! I got in!!! I am super excited to be able to get this medical interpretation training and for the many doors that will be opened once I am a certified professional medical interpreter.
Oh, and just as the icing on the cake: Today is my boss' birthday which means there are cookies, cake, and all sorts of goodies to eat in the office. Awesome!



1 comments:
Wow I have never heard of that place. I am going to have to visit there soon! Congrats on getting accepted into the program but you are amazing so that doesn't surprise me. So glad that you had a great day.....you sure do deserve it. :-) Luv Ya,
Post a Comment