While life in Provo is all you could ever ask for and more, honestly there are far too many weekends spent sitting at home, on the couch, enjoying a Redbox movie with the girls. As my roommates and I discussed this, we decided that it was time to take our social lives into our own hands and not wait for boys to ask us out on dates. We decided that while there aren't any boys that any of us are particularly interested in, we have plenty of friends - who are boys - who we like hanging out with and that we should ask them on dates. Easy, right? WRONG. First of all, have you ever tried planning a group date? It seemed that every idea we came up with either sounded super cheesy and lame or not fun at all. THEN, there was the minor detail of finding a date. Let me tell you. Rejection is hard. I finally gave up after I had been rejected by 3 people. My fragile self esteem couldn't take it anymore. And so what did I end up doing on Friday night? Nothing. I stayed at home. Watching a Redbox movie. Ha.
Moral of the story? Life isn't as easy as I assumed for guys and dating. If nothing else, this experience has helped me to have empathy for guys.
December–Day by Day
7 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment