Friday, November 12, 2010

Are you for real?!?

So the other day I was remembering how much I loved doing the Kokopelli triathlon in September. I mean, sure, there were times when I thought, "I want to die. This is crazy insanity. Why would anyone pay money to torture themselves?" However, after that brief moment of weakness, I realized that I absolutely loved triathlons. I love the atmosphere, the camaraderie, and most of all the sense of accomplishment. Now, let it be known that I did HORRIBLY in the triathlon. Seriously. I mean, obviously its huge that I finished it, but I knew as I crossed the finish line that if I had trained just a little more, I could have done pretty well. Anyway, so a few weeks ago I purchased an off season triathlon training schedule and it has really helped me build my strength and endurance. Today as I was perusing the internet looking for the next triathlon that I want to tackle, I came across this gem: http://www.bashwintertri.com/

If you're too lazy to click on the link to find out what I'm talking about, let me give you the rundown. It's the Battle at Soldier Hollow (BASH) Winter Race Festival. It's a winter triathlon, friends. How great, amazing, awesome, and fantastic is that? It is a 5k run, 5k mountain bike, and 4k cross country ski...all on a groomed snowy trail up at Soldier's Hollow. Seriously, check out the pictures and I promise you'll want to do it with me. Sooooooooo....give me a call, write me a text, send me an email, or just come by my house and we'll figure out all of the logistics of this thing. I'm already giddy with excitement!!

And, just because I want you to see how awesome triathlons are, here are some pictures from my triathlon a few months ago.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry Rachel - I can't enter this triathalon with you - mostly because I am too old, but mostly because it does not sound too fun to achieve this one - In the snow - are you for real? Doug gave me skiing lessons one year - I decided to get pregnant every other year so that I wouldn't have to ski - Just not my cup of tea - but go for it if you must - maybe you could find some other challenge like biking through South America.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

You are my HERO!