Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sad day

So I didn't write about the last ping pong game in the tournament, because it wasn't all that exciting. We won. The end. Now to tonight. Our game was supposed to be at 9:30 but we didn't end up starting until like 10:45 because of all the other games before us. I'll blame the fact that I was SO tired by the time we started on the tragedy that followed. Well, FINALLY our turn to play came up and Marc and I were ready. I mean we had scouted out the competition, we knew what we were up against, and we felt pretty confident that we could pull off another win. Not to sound cocky or anything, but I've gotten pretty good at ping pong over the last couple weeks. I even figured out how to put a spin on the ball (I know. Nerdy.) Anyway, the first game was really close, but they pulled out the win. It would have been better had we won (given us some breathing room at least) but we still had two more games to prove ourselves. Game 2: Easy win. We got into a grove and showed them who was boss. Game 3: We lost it...bad. So, long story short, we tragically lost the match and we're out of the tournament now. We made it to the Elite 8 though. Not to shabby. I'll blame the loss on the fact that we were playing an Asian and a kid who served his mission in Korea. Unfair advantage if you ask me...ping pong is in their blood.



Even though it was a tragic loss for Marc and me, Shawna and Tim pulled off the upset of the tournament. At least I have someone to cheer for in the finals!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Sorry to hear of the tragic outcome of the match...sounds like the tourney was rigged!!! Go Shawna and Tim!!!

Danica said...

you're so cute. happy birthday!!