Thanks to Marc's amazing Craig's List purchase (a $20 ping pong table), ping pong has become an obsession at Santa Barbara. To help feed the obsession, our ward set up a co-ed ping pong tournament. Marc and I are partners, and I'm not going to lie, I was REALLY nervous for our first game. I mean, while I'd like to think that I have pretty good hand-eye coordination thanks to years of playing sports, I'm not exactly what you'd call a ping pong pro. To top it all off, this whole tournament was Marc's idea, he's actually GOOD at ping pong, he's super competitive...and if I blew the game, especially in the first round, it was going to be bad. I was nervous for the game the whole day. I even day dreamed about what to do if someone sent a ping pong bullet my way during the game. By the time game time arrived, I was so worked up and nervous that I was shaking. After getting the jitters out during warm ups, Marc did fantastic and I wasn't so bad myself. We won and I was SO relieved. I stayed and watched some of the games after ours, and to be completely honest we have a tough road ahead of us if we want to win those customized t-shirts they promised. I'll keep you updated.
2 comments:
Rachel, I am so happy that you joined the blogging world... married or unmarried!! Who cares. Now i can stalk.. i mean keep updated on all your adventures in urguay. If you see missionaries, look for my cousin.. Elder Larsen. He's there right now. Love your blog! Love you! Bye. The End.
you're so cute. it's great to hear from you. uruguay! that's so cool! i'm excited to get updates... XOXO
Post a Comment