Thursday, July 22, 2010

Confession

I judge people's poor Spanish. There. I said it. Whew. It's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Anyway, whether you are Hispanic or as white as I am, if you use poor grammar or misuse certain vocabulary words, it's like nails on a chalkboard. Seriously. I know it's not a very Christlike personality quirk that I have, and I really am working on changing. I mean, I hate cringing every time I hear someone not use the subjunctive form after a noun clause. (how's that for a nerdy statement??) For now, I feel much better having confessed to all of you.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Now no one will speak Spanish with you!! Most of us don't speak perfect English and we seem to be making do, and communicating just fine.

Stacie said...

I'm never speaking to you in spanish again! HAHA... I do the same thing... I judge accents more than anything.. meaning if they sound to "gringo" I want to throw up. Granted I may sound "too gringo" too, but I like to think I don't. I just need to be humbled.