Today was an exciting day. A few days ago I bought some whole milk for a recipe I was making. (coconut cinnamon popsicles...delish!) I had a bunch of whole milk left over and didn't want to throw it out, so I decided to follow the advice of my good friend Meesa and drink a glass of it, in hopes that it would cure me of my extreme dislike for milk. Guess what...it was so tasty!!! Figures that I would only like the full fat milk :) Anyway, after a yummy breakfast of whole milk and toast, I ran to the hospital for my interpreting shift. As I got out of my car in the parking lot, I heard a woman close by screaming her brains out and her husband went running by me. The woman was crouching down and holding on to a pole for dear life trying to get through some serious labor contractions. I ran over (not sure what I thought I was going to be able to do...I'm just the interpreter for crying out loud) to be with the woman until her husband came back with a wheel chair. It was super exciting...but I'm not sure what I would have done had she delivered the baby right there in the parking lot. I've watched a lot of ER and Grey's Anatomy but somehow I felt less than prepared to bring a baby into this world.
December–Day by Day
7 years ago


1 comments:
!!!!!!!!!!! (About the milk part) YIKES about the labor screaming lady you saved!
Post a Comment