Monday, November 17, 2008

Gotta love Provo

For those of you who live or have lived in Provo, you know just how nazi-ish the towing/booting companies can be. I swear, those guys can sniff out an illegally parked car from a mile away. I've never seen anyone take so much pleasure in robbing a poor college student of $125 just so that he can get his car back. They're brutal. Well, tonight Shawna and I had an experience that just confirms that the parking patrollers around here are nuts. Tonight we drove over to another apartment complex for FHE. We were so very careful as we parked, ensuring that we were parked in a guest spot. We were only there for about an hour and as we left, we noticed a piece of paper on the windshield of Shawna's car. It was a guest parking violation warning. This is what it said:



**You are parked in guest parking without identification (what?!?)

It then proceeded to give a list of parking rules. Here are some of my fav's:

1. Guests must display identification on their dashboard indicating their NAME, and the NAME, ADDRESS, and PHONE # of the resident they are visiting
2. Guest parking is for occasional use only. Parking is limited to 10 visits per vehicle within a three month period. Guest spaces are monitored and recorded daily.

Hmmmm...I guess the residents at this complex either aren't very social or they always hang out at their friends' apartments because 10 visits in a three month period?! Wow. Anyway, needless to say, Shawna and I are really going to have to reconsider our activity in FHE with such restrictions on our visits.

0 comments: