You know those days when you just need a change of air? I mean, those days when you really start to feel claustrophobic because you realize that you might as well be trapped inside a bubble because you only travel from your apartment to work to school every single day. You know what I'm talking about, right? Well, I've had a lot of those days lately and, let's be honest, there's no better place to go when you're needing a change of scenery than ST. GEORGE! Here's why...
1. In a very short 3 hour drive (if you're driving faster than the average human being) you too can enjoy 72 degrees in mid November. I'd say that beats Provo any day.
2. Have you ever been to the Bear Paw Cafe? The hot chocolate alone is worth the trek, although I highly recommend the french toast stuffed with chocolate creme brule. Don't worry, a long line is typical, but I learned on this trip that if you can somehow roll out of bed before 9AM, there's only about a 10 minute wait. Apparently, St. George-ites don't wake up before 10:30 (if I had my choice, I'd be the exact same way).
3. Tuacahn Outdoor Amphitheatre. Amazing. Even on slightly chilly November nights.
4. Tuacahn with my mom and grandparents. Love them! Honestly, I'd make a trip down to St. George every weekend just to hang out with them.
As far as I can see, there were only 2 minor downfalls to my little getaway this weekend...1. Less than 48 hours is not nearly enough time away and 2. They aren't playing Christmas music on the radio 24/7 in St. George yet. Really? Is the town full of Grinches? So, friends, the moral of the story is, if the cold snowy weather and the stress of finals start to get to you, just give me a call. I would be more than happy to leave all my cares and responsibilities behind and head down to St. George with you.


3 comments:
Next time, you need to visit me! I do agree with your post... St. George is pretty awesome. I have never eaten at that place before. I'll have to try it soon. Oh, i had a dream that I had to move back to Provo for my last semester at UVSC to graduate... and we lived together! It was funny.
I LOVE the Bear Paw!!! Everything is good there :) Miss you
That was wierd I was logged in as Brandon....sorry
Post a Comment