Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fotos, fotos, fotos...

Once again, just a bunch of random stuff...one of these days I will do something exciting that warrants a real blog post. For now, this will have to do.

First of all, as you can see in the picture, we are extremely blessed to have a washing machine. Unfortunatly, it doesn't work. A lot of good that does, eh? I have to hand wash EVERYTHING and not only does it take nearly an hour to hand wash a load of whites, it then takes HOURS for everything to dry out on the line. And the worst part? No matter how much time and effort you put into cleaning the clothes, they never really look or smell clean.
Below: The aforementioned milk in a bag. Now, I'm not complaining about it. Honestly, nothing could be worse than the milk in Spain that comes in boxes that sit on the shelf for months on end. Milk should have to be refrigerated and shouldn't be kept for several months. A few weeks and it's done, right? Back to the milk in Uruguay. So at least it's refrigerated, has a short shelf life, and is fresh. I just wish someone would explain to me why it comes in a bag...and a little one at that.

And to finish up...some fishermen on the banks of the Rio de la Plata. Don't let the amazing sunset decieve you. It's freezing...beautiful, amazing, but EXTREMLY cold.





1 comments:

Courtney said...

Rachel! It's like the mission all over again...ha ha. How long will you be there again?