Here in Uruguay they call the city buses "omnibus". I love the omnibus although, I'm not going to lie, it's always an adventure when you get on the bus. First of all, it's a hit or miss when you want to catch the omnibus. In the main office, they'll tell you that the omnibus runs every 10 minutes, but I quit believing that when Tricia and I had to wait 30 minutes for the bus our first day. Also, the omnibus never REALLY stops. Sure it will slow down when it gets close to a stop, but you take your life into your own hands when you have to jump off a moving omnibus. My favorite part of the omnibus, though, is the omnibus entertainment. Montevideo is filled with musicians and they'll get on the bus at random stops and start singing or playing the guitar. Some of them are actually really good. After a few stops, they go around asking for money and then get off. Here is a video of omnibus entertainment at it's finest.
December–Day by Day
7 years ago


1 comments:
I wish I could get them to come teach music class to the 2nd graders next year. I'm glad your bus rides are at least entertaining.
Post a Comment