That's right. I am writing you from the lovely city of Montevideo. Can you believe that I'm finally here? Anyway, other than the flight being insanely long, it was pretty uneventful. There were a couple of people snoring extremely loud which prevented any real sleep, but it's ok. The only real bummer of the trip is that our luggage didn't get to Uruguay. They think it might be in Texas or Florida. They're not sure at this point (real comforting thought, huh?) We've made the best of it though. We may smell like dogs and we probably look worse, but we're not letting that get in our way. We've already eaten our first asado. Granted, it was an asado from a place in the mall food court, but still pretty tasty. Our apartment is AMAZING. It's only a block from the beach...too bad it's winter down here. Still, I plan on taking strolls along the beach. Other than that, there's not too much to report. Tomorrow we get to go to the Employment Center where we'll be teaching, so life will get more interesting then. Until that happens, pray that they find our luggage because I don't know if I can go day 3 with these dirty clothes and no shower!!
p.s. I was going to post some pictures of our apartment, but turns out I'm a ditz and grabbed the wrong cord so I can't connect my camera to the computer. That's going to be a little inconvenient.
December–Day by Day
7 years ago


1 comments:
Yea! Your there! How does it feel being outside the US of A? You are probally well used to it by now. Does it remind you at all of spain or is it totally different? I am excited to see your posts. Losing your luggage, that sounds like when i went to Indo. I got mine on the third day I was there, maybe you will too!
Post a Comment