Ok, it's not like I haven't wanted to post anything. I have actually formed many blog posts in my head over the last few days as I ride to and from the Employment Office on the bus. The thing is, you see, that the computers here are SO slow that it's a huge hastle to post anything. Besides that, I think that blog posts without pictures are pretty boring, and I can't keep stealing pictures from Tricia to put on my blog. Don't worry though. Problem number 2 will soon resolve itself when I recieve the card reader in the mail that my mom sent. Problem number 1...well, there's only so much you can do.
Anyway, I LOVE Uruguay. It has taken me a few days to get settled and used to living in a foreign country again, but it is absolutly amazing. I love the people here. There are so genuine. I love the people who walk around the streets carrying their thermos and mate, sipping away in their own little world. I love the musicians who get on the bus to sing a song or two and then get off. I love the food. I love how all anyone ever talks about is how windy it is as if today is any windier than any other day. I love Rosa the portero who is sitting in our apartment building's lobby when we leave in the morning and is still sitting there when we get home at night. I love how time is relative and no one really stresses if everyone is late. I love how no one wants to turn the heater on because everyone knows if air blows on you you're going to get a cold. It's amazing here. I highly suggest that everyone take a vacation from reality and come visit Uruguay...but I recommend waiting until the summer to come. Winters are highly overrated.
December–Day by Day
7 years ago


2 comments:
We are "stealing" internet here in our house from a neighbor, but yes it is still slow the internet! Did you guys get the email about us coming to Buenos Aires and Uruguay SOON. We want to hop over and visit cha! How is it being in a prof. center. We were in one for a week and it was AMAZING. We are traveling around A LOT to visit all the different wards and we meet with the bishops and such. Recruiting big time. Everyone thinks we are missionaries.. its fun to kiss the guys on the cheek to show them we really aren't! HAHA. Take care!
HEY BEAUTIFUL!!! Its kelly and Roger!! Im soo glad I found your blog! I see you are doing well. Will you tell Shawna we say hello too.
this will be fun to say in touch!
Post a Comment