Ok, even though at one point in my college career I was an international relations major and had to take several political science classes, I've always had a hard time really getting into politics. Let's be honest...I was also an elementary ed, athletic medicine, exercise science, and spanish major (those are just the declared majors - I thought about majoring in several other things) so it's not like I'm super political or anything. Well, I'll have you know that this year I've actually been following the presidential candidates pretty closely. I even watched the vice presidential debate the other night at the gym. Today I took a huge step towards becoming a contributing member to society by registering to vote. I'm pretty proud of myself. No longer will I be one of those bums who complains about the direction that our country is going without doing my part and taking a little bit of responsibility for who gets elected. Even though my American Heritage professor so pessimistically believed that Americans are all apathetic and thus we will eventually be governed by a tyrant, I am out to prove him wrong. Professor Latimer, November 4th I will make my voice heard.
December–Day by Day
7 years ago


4 comments:
I totally agree and even though I have voted before this time I have educated myself to make my own decision and not go off of someone else. Thanks for posting this, I hope the younger generation will continue to take a stand for our future!
I loved your post. I, too, got all ready to vote today. I registered for an absentee ballot. I'm pretty proud of myself. Did you fail Professor Latimer's tests too? That was an impossible class.
wooo hooo, that's what i'm talkin' about! way to go rach!
way to go dude, I did the same thing, waited until the last minute, had to change my license and everything, Holy freaking DMV, is there ever a good experience at that place. Now we can take advantage of all our rights as American citizens. PS, where the heck are you and what are you doing? Go ahead and call me soon, its been a while.
Post a Comment