Have you ever been someplace (in my case, on campus) and seen someone that you know? Well, you don't really know them...but you know all about them because you stumbled across their blog through a friend of a friend (etc.)'s blog and now you blog-stalk them. I mean, you know about that terrible date they had last weekend, why they hate the cold weather, the fun plans they have for the next long weekend, and their most embarrassing moment. You practically feel like you're best friends because they so freely share most of their dirt for the entire world wide web to read. I'll admit it. It's happened to me more times than I feel comfortable admitting. Is it my fault that other people lead such facinating lives in comparison to mine? There's this one girl, who will remain nameless (because it's a little humiliating if they find out that you blog-stalk them) who I see every Monday-Wednesday-Friday on campus between 1:50 and 2:00 pm as I walk to my car. So many times I have wanted to go up to her and strike up a conversation, but I'm afraid some of the information that I acquired by stalking will accidentaly slip out - and let's be honest, admitting that you stalked someone the first time you meet them is not the most effective way to start a relationship. Perhaps I should join a book club so that my blog surfing time is cut down and my free time is spent doing something uplifting...?
December–Day by Day
7 years ago


2 comments:
Thought I would never stop laughing! I have to agree with you, sometimes you feel like a "peeping tom" looking into people's lives...Problem is, they are not only leaving the blinds open, they are screaming out the window for you to come look! I sometimes wonder if people forget how accessible they are making their lives and their thoughts, to perfect strangers! It's OK Rachel, if the book is left open, who can help themselves??? You have to look! At least you can admit it.
hhahha - i completely agree with mama lovejoy.. how can you NOT look? How can you NOT read and stalk. Just talk to the girl. It's a new world - she might even appreciate not having to get down to the nitty gritty with you. You already know it all! hahahah
Post a Comment