Last night, at about 11:30, Tricia and I were getting ready to go to bed. I went into the living room to turn off the lamp (remember, the one that is plugged into the wall with wires??) Anyway, when I pulled the wires out of the wall, there was a little pop and some sparks and then the whole apartment went dark. Not a huge deal. We figured we had just blown a fuse so we found the fuse box (using a lighter to light the way) and planned on just flipping the switch. This is what we found.
Just one switch and then a bunch of little knobs that don't turn or move in any way. No, I'm no electrician, but I figured that the switch on the left would do the trick. No such luck. Tricia and I flipped that switch up and down in vain for about 5 minutes before we finally came to grips with the fact that doing that wouldn't solve our problem. So, at 11:30 at night I called our manager...he wasn't too happy to get a call from us that late, but oh well. Basically he told us that there was nothing that could be done until the next day. Great. Good thing we were headed to bed anyways. So, now I'm at work...dirty...smelly...without makeup. I didn't feel like showering in the dark, especially since there was no way to dry my hair. Nice. I love how even the simplest things are so much more complicated and difficult when you're in a foreign country.


1 comments:
Not domestic - just a copy cat and poor. Come to CO whenever you finally get out of Urguagy. I'd love to have you!
Post a Comment