Well, this will probably be my last post from Uruguay. The next few days look like they're going to be extremely busy (full of food, fun, and lots of fotos) and I don't think I'll have internet access until I get back to Utah. I can't believe that it's been three months. I guess to a certain extent it's like a mission. I mean, I feel like I just got here but at the same time I feel like it's been forever since I left. It's definitely a bittersweet goodbye. I am SO excited to see my family and friends and, let's be honest, I've been craving Cafe Rio for quite some time now. Also high on my list of things that I'm so excited to get back to are the summer weather, swimming pools, the gym, grass, and carpet (I know it sounds weird, but you don't know how much you love it until you don't have it). There is SO MUCH that I'm going to miss about Uruguay, however, and that makes it a hard goodbye. Among other things, I'm going to miss:
- alfajores
- seeing the sunrise on the beach
- handmade pasta
- the fresh fruit and vegetable stands
- public transportation
- the entertainment on the public transportation - singers, guitar players, people selling all sorts of treasures, actors reciting poetry...never a dull day on the bus
- chivitos (that heart attack on a plate steak sandwich)
- the dog walkers - there's something so entertaining about watching a guy walk down the street (more like get dragged down the street) with 15+ dogs
- the fact that I can strike up a conversation with anyone...and that they'll talk to you as if you've been best friends for life
- walking along the Rambla (the walkway along the beach)
Kind of a dark picture...what do you expect from a picture taken with self-timer?? Pati and Jime came over to merendar with us
Yvonne and I at the CRE


1 comments:
3 month is short time & so fast.
I'll miss you. Rachael (or Raquel in Uruguay),you are a great, great person!!!
see us soon,
2 years, remember
Your fried, Juan
Post a Comment