We FINALLY got to see something in Uruguay other than Montevideo. Not that Montevideo isn’t amazing, but a change of scenery is appreciated (and needed) every once in a while. On Wednesday our manager told us that we would be spending the day with him on Thursday in Piriapolis, Punta del Este, and Maldonado. The purpose of the trip was to check out the Employment Resource Center in Maldonado which is about and hour and a half east of Montevideo. Daniel wanted to meet with the area directors there, leave them some materials, and see how the work was going in that part of the country. Even though the “real” purpose of the trip was purely work related, we spent our fair share of the trip sight seeing and taking lots of pictures. Piriapolis and Punta del Este are BEAUTIFUL. Both cities are right on the beach…the beach that touches the ocean not the nasty river like the beach by our house. I decided that if I were to live in Uruguay, I would want to live in Piriapolis. It’s a fairly small town (compared to Montevideo), really laid back and quiet (something that Montevideo is not). Plus, besides being right on the ocean, there are lots of green hills surrounding the city which I loved. Here are some pictures from our little trip...
Yeah, there's a giant hand that sticks out of the sand in Punta del Este.
I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but this bridge is "wavy". If you drive fast enough, it's kind of like being on a rollercoaster. Kind of.


1 comments:
Rachel I love your posts, they make me laugh everytime!! With out fail!
Post a Comment