Monday, June 16, 2008

All I do is eat

This past weekend Tricia and I had some visitors come to Montevideo and it was so much fun. Our friends Stacie and Clary, who are interning in Santa Fe, Argentina, came to visit for a few days and we also had a surprise visitor, Rose, who was a blast to hang out with and definitely made the weekend that much more fun. We did all sorts of stuff, showed them around the city, took lots of pictures, laughed, stayed up late talking…and ATE…and then ate, and then ate just a little more. I was looking through my pictures from the weekend and by the looks of it, all we did this weekend was eat. Literally, ¾ of the pictures are of us eating. Sad! No wonder I’m gaining weight!! I honestly had no idea that we ate as much as we did until I went through the pictures

…There’s us on the first day eating the obligatory Chivio


…and then on the Rambla (you’d have to look really closely, but we all have bags from a pastry shop we went to right after eating chivitos to get some sugar…the same pastry shop we went to again the next day)

…and then just a few hours later at a divine Italian restaurant (where they handmake their pasta). Thank heavens we quit taking food pictures after that because it’s actually quite embarrassing. Oh well, you’re only Uruguay once, right??

1 comments:

Stacie said...

It's true... we did eat a lot... and I'm ok with that. i've come to terms with my chubby body and an hermana in Fray Bentos, UY told me that the man will not love me for my body- so basically... alfajores here I come!!