Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A disappointing week

So, this week started off with the potential to be amazing. On Monday we planned to go see the Montevideo Philharmonic Orchestra at Teatro Solis and then on Tuesday night we were going to go see the Uruguay-Peru soccer game at Estadio Centenario. I was honestly so excited…and sadly everything fell through. First, on Monday afternoon Tricia went by Teatro Solis to buy our tickets to the orchestra – which were only going to be 35 pesos (like $1.50). When she got there, they told her that the orchestra was on strike and that the concert was canceled. (Couldn’t they have told us that on Saturday afternoon when we were at the theater for a tour?) What?! Can orchestras go on strike? I thought the Arts were above that sort of thing. I guess not. We were pretty bummed, but still the excitement of the soccer game on Tuesday made it ok. So Tuesday rolls around and we went to the Tres Cruces institute building where we were going to meet a bunch of guys for the soccer game. They planned everything, bought our tickets, and all we had to do was show up. We get there…and NOTHING. There were a couple of people watching the game on TV but no one had any idea that there was a group going to the stadium. We thought that maybe we had misunderstood the plans, but come to find out they just decided not to go to the game (because Uruguay lost on Saturday and they were all bummed) and forgot to let us know. SAD! Anyway, I was so excited not only to go to those things but I was also envisioning these amazing blog posts from my adventures…and now I have nothing. Since I have nothing exciting, I’ll include a picture of Tricia and I doing what we do best…eating. Some girls from institute came over last Tuesday night and taught us how to make milanesa which is basically breaded, deep fried meat. Here’s Lucia, me, and Tricia with the finished product.

0 comments: