Friday, June 20, 2008

Rainy day

So they say that there's never been a natural disaster in Uruguay...no floods, earthquakes, tornadoes, or hurricanes. I beg to differ. I think we are smack dab in the middle of a hurricane right now. The wind has been blowing at a steady 50-70 mph for the last 24 hours (in my professional meteorlogical opinion). On top of the wind, it's raining...hard. That means that the rain is blowing sideways. So very enjoyable. Today as I was standing at the bus stop I thought, I really want a pair of rubber rain boots. I mean, REALLY want them. I sure could have used them today, too. By the time I got to work, my nylons were soaked all the way through. That's hot. Anyway, if anyone comes upon some extra cash and wants to spend it on me, buy me some rain boots and I'll love you forever.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

They have some really cute ones at target right now. I was eyeing the black and white poka dot ones, but I already have some rain boots. But mention this to your mother!