Thursday, June 12, 2008

What's in a name?

Not too far from my apartment, there is a salon called "Cute Cuts". I first noticed it because the name is in English. However, the longer I'm here, the more I'm intrigued by this place. First of all, the name. I don't know about you, but the name "Cute Cuts" conjures up thoughs of "Fantastic Sams" or the place in Wal-Mart where you can get your hair cut. Not that those places aren't nice, it's just that you sometimes take some chances walking into a place like that hoping to get a quality hair cut. The thing is, "Cute Cuts" appears to be a high quality salon. Honestly, it's not just some hole in the wall place. It looks like it probably costs quite a bit to get your hair done there. Here's the kicker though. I noticed this morning that "Cute Cuts" is a guys only salon. Now tell me, would you feel like your masculinity was compromised by getting your hair cut at "Cute Cuts"?

0 comments: